Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held at Ripley Town Hall - Monday, January 27, 2003
Sir Thomas Ingilby
Received from Steve Whiteley, Eric Houseman. Chris Newton and Studley Royal C.C.
The Minutes of the Annual General meeting held on January 28th 2002 were signed as being a true record.
There were no Matters Arising
see separate sheet.
Balance sheets were distributed and the treasurer answered questions from the floor mainly re the cost of M.C.C. Annual Fixture. £962 too much to spend ? Comment from the floor included “ it should be an honour to play in this fixture and it adds prestige of the league to have the M.C.C. play an annual fixture here with us. It should continue but control the cost.
see separate sheet.
see separate sheet.
see separate sheet
see separate sheet - TIGHTENING UP OF RULES
All were agreed and incorporated into the 2004 handbook.
SECRETARY Tricia Heard
TRESURER Neil Burtwistle
JUNIOR LEAGUE REPRESENTATIVE John Barrett
All three were re-elected unopposed.
ELECTION OF COMMITTEE
Peter Bentley. Bruce Jackson and Steven Whiteley were re-elected unopposed.
ELECTION OF DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE
Roger Deakin ( Pannal ) John Lyons ( Birstwith ) Dave Owram ( Pateley Bridge) Godfrey Wetherall ( Thornton Watlass) and Brian Vast ( Markington ) were re-elected.
LEEDS AREA CRICKET COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE
No one waswilling to stand.
- Increase subsciptions 1st X1s to £38 and 2nd & Subs.Teams to £18 Approved-CARRIED
- Umpires expenses to rise to £18 per match and £28 per match ( if on their own ) for Saturdays and Sundays.Where no play is possible and in matches of less than 10 overs ( in total) duration a fee of £5 should be paid to both umpires. Evening Cup Matches £9. Approved-CARRIED
- Goldsborough C.C. - If wicket covers are available then the wicket may be wholly covered during any interruption due to the weather. Approved - CARRIED
- Fines for ( cancellation ) re-arranged Cup Matches to be at the discretion of the Management Committee.Approved-CARRIED
- Markington C.C.- The Boundary must be marked with a white line or rope, at least one yard in front of any obstruction i.e. pavilion steps, machinery, wall or fences, sightscreens etc.Not Approved-DEFEATED
- Bishop Thornton C.C. - For the 2003 season, four teams to be relegated from the 1st division thus reducing the number of 1st division teams for the 2004 season to ten.For the 2004 season, the ten 1st division teams would play eighteen games. The season to comment a week later than has occurred in the past. The 1st Division winners would be crowned Minor Premiers. The top four teams in the 1st Division would play-off ( 1st v 4th and 2nd v 3rd ). The teams finishing higher in the league would have home field advantage. These games to be played on weekend 19 followed by the Grand Final on weekend 22 where the winners would be crowned Champions. ( The bottom two league teams would be relegated).
If this proposal fails at Stage 1. An alternative proposal would be:For the 2003 season, keep twelve teams in the 1st Division, which would mean four additional fixtures to be played on either 4 (four) Sundays or 2(two) Sundays and 2(two) Bank Holidays. Stage 2 of the initial proposal can then be implemented.Not Approved - DEFEATED
- Bishop Thornton C.C. - Change in the way the League Side is Selected. Replace the current League Manager with a Selection Committee consisting of TWO umpires ( Jeff Watkins and Eric Appleton for example ) THREE 1st division Captains or representatives and ONE 2nd division Captain or Representative. When the team is selected and the Captain appointed add the Captain to the Selection Committee.
SELECTION COMMITTEE TO BE FORMED
Names suggested – Tony Whittaker and Bill Davis.
Make a member of the selection committee responsible for publicising the events, teams and results.
It should be an honour to represent the League and Players should be awarded for this with the presentation of a cap and/or sweater. To pay for such, the League could ( and should ) cancel the dinner following the M.C.C. Game. AFTER TWO MATCHES A CAP TO BE AWARDED
TO BE DISCUSSED BY MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE AT NEXT COMMITTEE MEETING. – AGREED TO CAPS.
- Honoraria for Secretary and Treasurer – to remain as last year £1200 and £200.
Mr Erik Thompson thanked Sir Thomas for chairing the meeting and the meeting closed at 9.20pm