The ECB have recently released a statement regarding the current situation with Club Mark and how this will effect clubs for 2016/17. The attached document gives guidance for clubs who were to be reaccredited in 2016 and also to any new clubs that are looking to register. To pick out some key points from this:
1. All clubs who are due to reaccredit in 2016 will have a one year extension. All clubs will be required to do an Annual health check though for 2016.
2. All clubs due to reaccredit in 2017 will still do so as normal.
3. All clubs who are working towards to the accreditation should continue to do so as normal. The final sign off will not be done till November 2016.
It is vitally important that all clubs as a minimum check over the all Safe guarding matters for their club. This has been the biggest area for clubs to update and is important to not only attaining club mark but also to the clubs operations and governance. So as a quick checklist can we ask clubs to look at:
1. Are all coaches DBS forms in date? Do you have copies of DBS numbers?
2. Are all vetting checks completed for clubs?
3. Are all relative Safe Guarding certificates in date?
The YCB can provide support to help check these details and also to get club members/coaches/volunteers all up to date where needed!!!
A list of clubs who were to be reaccredited for 2016 can be obtained from Richard Wilkinson on request!
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact Richard Wilkinson| Cricket Development Manager – North Yorkshire
T:07850 928190 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org