The League Management Committee (LMC) of the Theakston Nidderdale Cricket League has become aware of a very challenging situation at one of our clubs. Circumstances at Spofforth Cricket Club have resulted in a loss of players and Spofforth Cricket Club do not feel able to fulfill all their fixtures for the 2017 season. The club is entering a rebuilding phase and have requested the LMC’s help to ensure this happens effectively and not at the detriment of the entire League.
• Spofforth will contest the 2017 season with just one team. That team being the 1st XI in Division One.
• Spofforth 2nd XI will fold in Division Six with immediate effect.
• Upper Wharfedale Cricket Club, will take the place of Spofforth in Division Six. This retains a full fixture programme in that division and gives Upper Wharfedale the chance to begin life with us, in their rebuilding phase, at a more suitable standard of cricket.
• Division Six fixtures will see the team Spofforth 2nds replaced with Upper Wharfedale.
• Fixtures in Division Eight have been redrawn with 12 teams. There will be no BYEs and no free weeks now.
Unfortunately, the 2017 Theakston Nidderdale League official handbook has already been printed so some fixtures in Division Six and Eight will be incorrect. Teams should refer to CricHQ and the League website plus the handout available at the pre-season meeting on Tuesday 11th April for correct fixtures in these divisions.