The protection and support of Young People in Cricket is of paramount importance to the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB). The Club Welfare Officer will, therefore, act as a first point of contact for any person in Cricket at a Club level who has a concern about child welfare and protection.
Core Areas of Knowledge:
Basic knowledge of and/or familiarity with the pertinent legislation and Government guidance relevant to this role.
A basic knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of the statutory agencies within Child Protection, such as Social Services, Police and the NSPCC.
Understanding of local procedures for reporting Child Protection concerns to the statutory agencies.
Familiarisation with the ECB Welfare of Young People Policyand a knowledge of how to put this into practice in relation to Young People in your Club.Awareness of equity issues within the context of Child Protection.
A basic knowledge of the different forms of behaviour that can occur within and outside of sport which are harmful to children, from poor practice to child abuse.
Core Skills - ability to:
- Administrate/organise paperwork and record information received
- Act as a local source of advice on Child Protection matters
- Support the interests of children within Cricket
- Communicate with others
- To help safeguard Young People by assisting in the promotion and implementation
of the Welfare of Young People Policyat a Club level.
- To be the first point of contact in the Club for the reporting of Child Welfare and
- To assist in the raising of awareness of others in Cricket at a Club level in respect
of Child Protection.
- To be a source of advice and information at a Club level.
- To become a Club Committee Board member.
- To uphold confidentiality, as far as is practically possible, in all Child Protection
Child Welfare Downloads
- Child Welfare Officers (Revised 08/04/12)
- Under 13 Consent Form (Revised March 2010)
- Junior Code of Conduct (Revised March 2010)
- Self Declaration Form (Revised March 2010)
- Equity Policy Statement (Revised March 2010)
- Safe Use of Chaning Facilities
- Safe Hands Incident Reporting Guide (Revised March 2010)
- Junior Player Profile Guide (Revised March 2010)
- Risk Assessment Form (Revised March 2010)
- Annual Application Membership (Revised March 2010)
- 2010 ECB Directives