Assistance to Clubs for Coaching Courses
- Courses must be for players registered with the League. Overseas Players do no qualify.
- Applications for contribution from the League must be made BEFORE the course commences. Retrospective applications cannot be considered.
- Grants will normally be up to one half of the cost (50% – with a maximum cap of £100) of Level I & II Courses and Coach Support Worker course.
- Grants will only be available to clubs which have a junior section OR intend to have a Junior Section within 2 years of receiving a grant.
- The making of grants is entirely at the discretion of the Management Committee.
Advice on Insurance
All clubs should have their own for public liability, personal injury, loss of property etc and if in doubt they can contact Marshall Wooldridge (advertise in handbook) to see what they and the ECB/YCB recommend. As far as our league is concerned, all players inc juniors, umpires and officials are insured for personal injury, public liability etc., but all clubs should have their own. We are not responsible if an insurance claim arises out of a practice night, a break in or something that does not involve representing the league.
Use of GoPro Camera in the Nidderdale League
The League Management Committee have sought the advice from the YCB County Welfare Officer, Ray Knowles, as to the appropriateness of clubs, teams and players using a GoPro camera to record footage of games in the Nidderdale League.
Ray says, “I have many safeguarding concerns regarding this request and could not support the introduction of this type of equipment”
Ray points out a useful document published by the NSPCC which gives best practice guidance on photographing and videoing children in sport.
Under these circumstances, the League Management refuses the use of GoPro cameras during matches. Any use of such equipment will be deemed a safeguarding issue and dealt with as such.