Minutes of the Management Meeting held at Ripley Castle - Monday, October 29, 2012
1. Committee Members Present
Graham Hyde (GH), Tony Whittaker (TW), Sir Thomas Ingilby (SIRT), Tricia Heard (TH), Anton Lodge (AL), Bill Kitson (BK), Peter Crack (PC), Andrew Wallach (AW), Eric Houseman (EH), Bob Skaith (BS), Steven Coombs (SC), Chris Newton (CN), Martin Blackham (MB), Justin Park (JP, Ian Sunderland (IS), Isabel Peel (IP).
2. Apologies for Absence
Alex Houseman (AH), Luke Bickers (LB) Ken Coad (KC), Paul Ellis (PE), Ben Drummond (BD).
3. Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 17th September 2012
have been circulated and were accepted as a true and accurate record.
4. Matters Arising
5. Reports from League Officials
Reports have been circulated and are included here
5a Correspondence and Secretarys Business (Tricia Heard/Graham Hyde)
Resignation of Northallerton Wolves and addition of Arthington 2nds. Accommodation of Thirsk 2nds in Division 8. Insert into Northallertons space.
Feedback received from clubs who have conceded more than 2 games
Document: TNL Concessions.doc
Condition of facilities at Studley Royal Deer Park Ground, letter sent 7th October. Response received from Ken Coad on 23rd October
Paul Ellis asked about the possibility of a new trophy specifically for Junior players playing open age cricket in the League maybe an U17 batting/bowling trophy. This would be addressed by player rising to the top of the batting and bowling averages on merit.
Roger Dale will produce the fixtures for 2013 but may be his last season. Thought needs to be given to an alternative supplier.
TH and GH agreed the division of work with the change of secretarial roles for the 2013 season as follows:
o Registration of players including :-
o Overseas Players, names will come from Tony
o Recreational Overseas names will come from Tony
o Results including Short Results ( which Graham gets as well )
o Results to Yorkshire Post on Sunday Mornings
o Deal with result sheets.
o Checking on ineligible players , none registered players etc.
o Send fines to Clubs when they have broken rules ( Copies will be sent to Bob in the same post as the fine sheets going to clubs )
o Players Of The Month for presentation at the League Dinner
o Working with Harrogate Sports Trophies :- Individual Trophies and Club Awards.
o Ordering shirts from Lords International
o Fixtures for 2014 ( not sure who will compile the fixtures from then on this may be Roger Dales last season.
Retirement of members/officials of the management committee needs to be brought back into line with a 3 year cycle from 2013. A third of the committee will retire on rotation every 3 years.
MCC match August 28th 2013 Ground Committee proposed Ripon CC. A discussion took place over location. Helperby CC was proposed by the LMC and carried.
Hampsthwaite will be asked to host the Ingilby Shield. It was agreed that the team who finished top of Division 1 will be asked to host this year on year.
Grey Fox trophy will be played on grounds based on selected players clubs.
Bilton in Ainsty of the Wetherby League are showing interest in joining the League for the 2014 season. They have 2 teams.
Lords wanted a letter showing the Leagues approval of the balls which they supply and we use.
July, August September awards:
o July Batting Andrew Cullen, Bishop Thornton - Rod MacCauley, Pannal
o Aug - Richard Moss, Ripon and Graham Bassett, G&W
o September - Michael Rees, Masham, Lee Lyon, Little Ribston
AGM Monday January 21st 2013
Pre season April 5th
Start 20th April 2013
End 14th September 2013
Paul Butler Pannal umpire, 01423 733214 for 2013 season.
5b Treasurers Report
Balance £12430.27cr, Deposit account unchanged
All bills paid to date.
Helperby have now paid their 2012 bill of £1310. Their orders for balls in previous years (£972) are being questioned and I have directed Rory Wade to Eric for confirmation. Pannal has paid half of their total bill (£1012 out of £2024) and the rest has been promised by 5th November.
Baldersby still owe £32 (evening league only) but I will get that. Burnt Yates still owes £432 (balls for previous years) which was promised at the end of the season and I will chase that too.
There are still 27 fines due from 14 clubs. Tricia and I will have to come up with a different solution as to how I get copies of the fines sent out. Presently, I am not aware of fines that are more than 21 days overdue where clubs should be paying double as I only get the copies at league meetings- perhaps these could be posted to me weekly/fortnightly??
Also, I think Eric and I need to review the orders for extra balls and how they are paid for- I believe that the clubs should bring a cheque for their orders on collection and I am quite happy to collect the cheques from Eric. Hopefully, for this season just gone, nobody had to order extra balls due to fewer games played!
5c Umpires Secretary Report
We are lucky to have some excellent trainers within our ranks and so Guy Smalley and Barry Nickels will deliver a Level 1 Umpires Course beginning on Wednesday January 23rd 2013 at the Ripley Castle Tea Rooms. Sessions will begin at 7.30pm each Wednesday for approximately 10 weeks. This is, of course, open to all prospective umpires, those existing members wishing to refresh their knowledge, or players and captains wishing to understand the laws.
We will be also, for the first time, be running a Level 1 Scorers course. This will be run on from 10.30am until 4.30pm on Saturday March 9th and Sunday March 10th and from 6.30pm on the evening of Monday 11th March. It will be at Killinghall Cricket Club, near Harrogate and will be delivered by Hilary Oliver.
5d Cup Competitions and Evening League Secretary
Nothing to report other than proposed rule changes dealt with later on in the meeting
5e Ground Committee
Ground Divisional Winners
o Div 1 Alne
o Div2 Raskelf
o Div3 Ouseburn
o Div4 Birstwith
o Div5 Spofforth
o Div6 Helperby
o Div7 Arthington
o Div8 Bishop Monkton (Burton Leonard 3rds)
o Div9 Wath & Melmerby
Most Improved Ground Raskelf
Grounds for Finals (Committee Nominations)
o Atkinson Swires Cup Final:
o Newby Hall now a well maintained facility with average marks around 16 for the last two years but has not hosted a final in recent years. Also has covers.
Nidderdale Finals Day:
o In view of the washout of the MCC fixture last season, we are proposing Birstwith to host this
o Ripon CC Excellent facility, covers, parking viewing etc with 16+ ground marks for last season. LMC suggested Helperby CC.
5f Child Welfare
Nothing new to report.
Outstanding issue is being looked into and better rules and guidance will be in place for 2013 season from the ECB.
5g Disciplinary Committee
The only matter for the disciplinary report is that the Spofforth 2 v Sharow 2 15/9/12 match report complaint has been resolved and Sharow were fined £50 and warned that should there be any further instances of this matter the disciplinary panel would be convened.
5h Junior League Report
The end of season Junior League Committee Meeting was held at Knaresborough CC on Thursday 18th October.
The End of Season Presentation Night was held at Harrogate CC on Thursday 20th September.
The Junior League AGM will be held at Knaresborough CC on Thursday 22nd November 2012, (this is one week later than originally planned).
1) The Under 17 League Winners Trophy has been lost by Follifoot CC. The valuation is requested for this so that Follifoot may be invoiced for the loss. It is hoped that by invoicing them more effort may be made to locate the missing trophy.
2) Arrowselfdrive.com have agreed to increase the 2013 sponsorship from £1000 to £1250, however in return they would like to purchase 6 x 4 signs for every Nidderdale ground (not just Junior Clubs). A decision is required from the League Committee on this.
3) Wath & Melmerby have indicated that they are putting an Under 15 team into the 2013 league. This is positive that a new club are entering.
4) The Junior League will encourage Clubs to combine forces, especially at Under 11 11 A Side, to get more juniors playing cricket. If this occurs, which has happened before, one Club must take responsibility for all matters, including Child Welfare.
5) An Under 7 competition is planned for 2013.
6) The question is being raised about having a Representative (or Junior Legue) Admin Page. To be discussed with Ben Drummond.
Point 2 not all league grounds, just junior grounds, and they do not pay as much as Theakston. Some clubs are hosted by sports associations etc. And may incur problems with lease arrangements. Sir Thomas has responded to KC.
EH proposed that only clubs with juniors get boards. Banners should be provided not boards.
5i Lords Taverners Report
Nothing to report.
5j Junior Indoor League Report
The Indoor League commenced on Saturday 22nd September and so far we have played 11 sessions. Unfortunately, we have encountered a few teething troubles with Pannal u13s failing to turn up without explanation. Knaresborough u15s were unable to raise a team due to rugby and other commitments on the day. We are aware that there could be some issues with playing on Sundays but hope this will not become a problem.
We now have a rota of umpires with Barry Canham and Ian Sunderland covering Sundays with the exception of u17s as they are all experienced. Rob Hill will act as back-up on Saturdays. This will certainly help the Indoor to run more smoothly.
The invoices to all clubs have been issued with the details being passed to Bob.
5k League Representative Side
Nothing to report
6. Rule Changes (All)
Document: TNL - Proposed Rule Changes 2013
A summary of the rule changes to go before the AGM will be circulated.
7. Thirsk 2nds (GH)
Discussion on the entry of Thirsk 2nds into the League in 2013. Extra promotion places from Division 8 to backfill the place left by Northallerton.
Document: TNL - Teams for 2013 Season.xls
Thirsk 2nds will take the place of Northallerton Wolves in Division 7.
8. Theakston Player of the Year Award 2012 (All)
Decide on award winner
Document : TNL - Theakston Player of the Year Award 2012
Joe Furniss was awarded the prize for 2012
9. Theakston Hospitality Award 2012 (All)
Decide on award winner
Document: TNL - Theakston Hospitality Award 2012.doc
Alne was awarded the prize for 2012
10. 2012 League Dinner (EH, CN)
Moving slowly 80 tickets sold so far.
Speaker and comedian are confirmed.
7 for 7.45pm start
11. Any Other Business
JP Add name of the League to front of handbook
Golden Oldies team is now sorted
Barry Gill to be proposed as a new Life Member and carried
12. Date of Next Meeting
AGM Monday January 21st 2013
Next meeting Monday January 28th 2013
- Oct 2012
- Aug 2012
- Jul 2012
- Jun 2012
- Jan 2012
- Jan 2012
- Nov 2011
- Sep 2011
- Jul 2011
- Jul 2011
- May 2011
- Mar 2011
- Jan 2011
- Nov 2010
- Sep 2010
- Jul 2010
- May 2010
- Mar 2010
- Jan 2010
- Oct 2009
- Aug 2009
- Jul 2009
- May 2009
- Mar 2009
- Jan 2009
- Nov 2008
- Oct 2008
- Aug 2008
- Jun 2008
- May 2008
- Mar 2008
- Jan 2008
- Nov 2007
- Oct 2007
- Jun 2007
- May 2007
- Mar 2007
- Nov 2006
- Oct 2006
- Aug 2006
- Jul 2006
- May 2006
- Mar 2006
- Oct 2005
- Aug 2005
- Jul 2005
- May 2005
- Mar 2005
- Nov 2004
- Oct 2004
- Aug 2004
- Jul 2004
- May 2004
- Mar 2004
- Nov 2003
- Aug 2003
- May 2003
- Feb 2003
- Dec 2002
- Oct 2002
- Aug 2002
- Jun 2002
- Mar 2002
- Feb 2002
- Oct 2001
- Jun 2001
- Jun 2001