Minutes of the Management Committee Meeting held at Ripley Castle - Monday, January 24, 2011
1. Committee Members Present
Graham Hyde (GH), Tony Whittaker (TW), Sir Thomas Ingilby (SIRT), Anton Lodge (AL), Bob Skaith (BS), Justin Park (JP), Bill Kitson (BK), Ken Coad (KC), Steven Coombs (SC), Eric Houseman (EH), Chris Newton (CN), Ian Sunderland (IS), Roger Deakin (RD), Isabel Peel (IP), Tricia Heard (TH), Peter Crack (PC)
2. Apologies for Absence
Martin Blackham (MB), Alex Houseman (AH), Ben Drummond (BD)
3. Minutes of the meeting held on November 2nd 2010
were accepted as a true and accurate record.
4. Matters arising
5. Correspondence and Secretary’s Business (TH)
Clubs asking for costs towards coaching including Spofforth CC. 4 members are wishing to attend a L2 course, 2 who will be registered as players. Those 2 players who will be registered as players will be supported in their training.
Pateley Bridge have also asked for 3 players to be supported in training. Committee approved the financial support.
The guidance on the League web site needs to be changed to include level 2 courses.
Monkhouse Intersport also interested in sponsoring the League and circulating a cricket gear offer.
6. Treasurers Report (BS)
Current account £10,855.05 Deposit account unchanged at £341.00
All bills are up to date. The League is in credit on the junior indoor league but this has now changed in light of recent bills. Some 2010 fines still to resolve.
7. Umpires Report (GH)
To include report on the formation of an ECB ACO Branch in North Yorkshire and lack of training opportunities in 2011.
NADACLUA Meeting on March 11th AGM – 2 parts. Discussion of new laws, formation of North Yorkshire branch of the ECB ACO.
8. Cup Competitions and Evening League (IS)
Fixtures are all complete and published.
A discussion took place on the future of Cup Competitions. A survey was proposed. Formats. Twenty20 format. Too many cup competitions? FA Cup type system? Vase trophy for early round losers. Make cup competitions more attractive. Handicap cups. A sponsorship opportunity may be a possibility.
3 cup finals on one day – the ground committee put forward the argument of rewarding clubs who consistently provide good grounds to stage a cup final, rather than one club hosting all 3 games.
It was agreed that we should consider the needs of those playing the game, not spectators or sponsors.
A sub committee was proposed to put forward some proposals to the Management Committee. GH, CN, EH, IS will form the sub committee.
9. Ground Committee Report (BD)
Nothing to report at this stage of the season
10. Child Welfare (IP)
More training sessions. Some new CWO this season who need training. The League would fund the training sessions. 2 courses will be run and numbers will be sought. Training lasts for 3 years.
JP asked if neighbouring Leagues could be approached to attend our training courses and to contribute towards the cost.
A follow up to clubs should be sent, courses should be advertised on the web site.
The intention was to keep a register of the CWO together with their qualifications but was met with little response from club secretaries.
11. Disciplinary Committee (JP)
Nothing to report.
12. Junior League Representative (KC)
The Junior League AGM was held at Knaresborough CC on Thursday 25th November 2010.
A one minute silence was held in memory of John Barrett.
All disciplinary and rule changes proposed by the Management Committee to the AGM were approved. A Follifoot proposal to limit the number of teams entered by a single Club was rejected.
Spofforth CC attended their first AGM and have entered 4 teams for the 2011 season, at Age Groups Under 15, Under 11 11 A-Side, Under 11 Pairs and Under 9 Pairs.
Sharow also attended the AGM and wish to enter an Under 15 team, but due to Sunday playing restrictions on their ground, they are currently seeking alternative venues.
The closing date for team entries is 31st January and to date 7 Clubs have entered their teams.
Our thanks go to Ben Drummond as this season the team entries are completed via the League Website.
13. Six a Side Junior Indoors (BK)
The current season is well under-way having already played 127 hours of cricket, the equivalent to last year’s full season with still 10 weeks to go before the finals. We did lose one week to snow conditions in early December and classed the fixtures for that day as drawn. The building work at Boroughbridge is now complete but we were informed on Saturday that the facility will not be available on either Saturday of the February break. The entire premises, including the school, will be closed as the electricity is to be upgraded to accommodate the new extension. The school had no advance warning of either of these requirements when the booking was made. It is unfair to the clubs to class these games as drawn and to play finals where teams have not participated fully. The only option is to move the matches to the only dates available, subject to the coaches’ agreement, and play on both the Saturday and Sunday the week before the finals. Those affected are being contacted and asked to cooperate. This has raised the question as to the use of Boroughbridge for next season, but assurances were given this morning that there are no future plans for any building work and bookings would be secure.
Pateley Bridge Centre has requested the annual affiliation fee of £80 be paid for the next twelve months along with the provisional dates. This saves the league £4.95 per hour over the season, approximately £650 in total. I trust that this is acceptable with the management committee.
14. League Representative Side (AH)
15. Any Other Business - including
League Dinner Wash Up
Opinions sought from Committee members on the relative "success" of the 2010 Dinner.
Better policing of players entering the room should be ushered away from in front of the speakers. Quality of the meal was good and the speakers was excellent.
Representation of the League clubs was poor. About 19 clubs were present only.
Mentioned that it was too expensive with club dinners. Could we make it more attractive to players? League fees could be increased to include 2 dinner tickets.
Date for 2011 18th November 2011 7-7.45pm
Over 50's Competition
Graham Roberts - Grey Fox Trophy competition over 50s. June start. Final at Headingley in September after the end of the season. Part of the 2012 cultural Olympiad. Looking for teams at about £15 per team. SirT felt that the League could field at least one team.
2011 AGM Wash Up
Contributions from the Management Committee on the tone and issues raised at the AGM
Formation of a working party to address Cup Competitions.
Alne mentioned having 11 ROPs in a team – this is not correct.
Sponsorship and Balls
Report from EH on how discussions have progressed on the issue of Lords wishing to increase the prices of balls.
EH notes that we are unable to terminate the ball contract on any grounds except on the quality of the product. There are no grounds for complaint in this respect. 2012 is the last season for this deal. It would be the decision of the committee to pay the extra £1 they want for the ball. £18.50 would be the new price. This could be put to the clubs.
Another cricket manufacturer has offered £9k in cricket balls.
Two proposals were put to the Management Committee.
1. Stick to the contract (7 votes)
2. Meet Lords half way and pay 50p extra per ball (8)
It was narrowly agreed to offer Lords 50p extra per ball for the remaining two years of the sponsorship contract. The League will not be passing this increase on to the clubs.
The 2012 season will start on 21st April
There was a point from the AGM – about David Bentley speaking.
15. Date of the Next Meeting
21st March 2011
Pre season meeting - 1st April
- Oct 2012
- Aug 2012
- Jul 2012
- Jun 2012
- Jan 2012
- Jan 2012
- Nov 2011
- Sep 2011
- Jul 2011
- Jul 2011
- May 2011
- Mar 2011
- Jan 2011
- Nov 2010
- Sep 2010
- Jul 2010
- May 2010
- Mar 2010
- Jan 2010
- Oct 2009
- Aug 2009
- Jul 2009
- May 2009
- Mar 2009
- Jan 2009
- Nov 2008
- Oct 2008
- Aug 2008
- Jun 2008
- May 2008
- Mar 2008
- Jan 2008
- Nov 2007
- Oct 2007
- Jun 2007
- May 2007
- Mar 2007
- Nov 2006
- Oct 2006
- Aug 2006
- Jul 2006
- May 2006
- Mar 2006
- Oct 2005
- Aug 2005
- Jul 2005
- May 2005
- Mar 2005
- Nov 2004
- Oct 2004
- Aug 2004
- Jul 2004
- May 2004
- Mar 2004
- Nov 2003
- Aug 2003
- May 2003
- Feb 2003
- Dec 2002
- Oct 2002
- Aug 2002
- Jun 2002
- Mar 2002
- Feb 2002
- Oct 2001
- Jun 2001
- Jun 2001