Minutes of the Management Committee Meeting held at Ripley Castle - Tuesday, November 02, 2010
1. Committee Members Present
Graham Hyde (GH), Tricia Heard (TH), Tony Whittaker (TW), Sir Thomas Ingilby (SIRT), Anton Lodge (AL), Bob Skaith (BS), Justin Park (JP), Bill Kitson (BK), Ken Coad (KC), Isabel Peel (IP), Steven Coombs (SC), Ben Drummond (BD), Eric Houseman (EH), Alex Houseman (AH), Peter Crack (PC)
2. Apologies for Absence
Martin Blackham (MB), Chris Newton (CN), Roger Deakin (RD), Ian Sunderland (IS). Eric Houseman gave his apologies for not attending the last meeting.
3. Minutes of the meeting held on September 6th 2010
were accepted as a true and accurate record.
4. Matters arising
5. Correspondence and Secretarys Business (TH)
Email received from Mr Najmi of Lords International, apologising for not being able to attend the forthcoming League Dinner.
Lords International have offered pink cricket balls to the League at a reduced price for use in reduced overs games/evening cups. This was felt to be not appropriate due to Saturday balls being reused in the shorter games.
Details were received from Lords International about a proposed increase in vat and the cost of production. A proposed increase of £1.00 per ball. EH to liaise with Lords International as the current deal still has 2 years to run.
6 indoor cricket balls were received for the Junior Indoor League from Lords International.
Simon Theakston, after his involvement with the Golden Oldies, was very enthusiastic about sponsoring the league when the current deal runs out.
August 31st 2011, MCC match. BD and the Ground Committee suggested Goldsborough. TH suggested Ouseburn. Burton Leonard was also discussed due to 2010 ground marks. Burton Leonard was fixed as host ground for 2011 MCC fixture.
Scorers course to be run by Roger Schofield at Killinghall CC on the last 3 Saturdays before the beginning of the 2011 season.
Ian Sunderland had a request from Glasshouses CC to play in the Nidderdale Evening League in 2011. There is space but as long as they have tidied things up with the Harrogate Evening League which they left mid way through the 2010 season.
Ewen London contacted TH about the possibility of a Follifoot 3rd XI joining the Nidderdale League but now have withdrawn that application due to no ground to play on a Saturday.
Need to know where Ripley 4ths and Killinghall 4ths are they playing in 2011 for the fixtures. Deadline of 15th November to be communicated to these clubs. This would obviously affect Division 9 in 2011 which would be down to 9 clubs.
Pannal to Aire/Wharfe. Letter received from Roger Deakin. Pannal CC club members overwhelmingly decided to support an application. Pannal will make an application to the Aire/Wharfe league but requested the permission of the Nidderdale League Management Committee. League Management Committee were happy to let Pannal make the application.
Staveley 2nd XI will be playing in 2011 after some problems in 2010
Glasshouses playing players under 13. Glasshouses have obeyed the rules on this but other teams have played these under age players with no punishment. This rule will be dealt with in 2011 proposed rule changes.
League Management Committee positions re-election. 2009 every appointment should be agreed by the Management Committee. Retire on rotation JP, SirT, BD. EH, RD, John Lyons, David Broadley, Bob Brown resigned, Bill Davies, Joff Sowray, Simon Crack. Clubs will be asked for Disciplinary Committee panel members.
Players of the month awards there will be batting and bowling awards for each month at this years dinner. It was felt that clubs should be asked to supply names of Players of the Month when they submit end of season averages.
Mike Clipston Blubberhouses CC missing sleeveless sweater. This matter will be taken up separately.
6. Treasurers Report (BS)
Current Acc £15,239.42 Deposit Acc £314.51
Things running smoothly but activity will increase when the dinner arrives. Payments to speakers, hotel etc.
Unpaid fines TH has chased but some still outstanding. 23 clubs had fines outstanding but now down to 8 after the chase up. BS asked TH to chase again.
Invoices have been sent out for the Junior Indoor League. 3 clubs have paid already.
KC junior league unpaid fines will be forwarded to the senior sides. This will be raised by BS.
7. Umpires report (GH)
The Spirit of Cricket Award will not be made at this years League Dinner.
Following a report delivered by Barry Canham at the end-of-season 'League umpires association meeting it was decided that the 'Award is not to be made this year. This is because of the overall poor support received from umpires, only twelve of whom sent scores at any time for inclusion and only a few of that number regularly. It increasingly, too, has become the perception that the Award has been met with blank indifference to outright cynicism amongst the League clubs, not what had been hoped.
The current table of results has dubious statistical validity, but is also likely to be ignored by the very audience that it is intended to inform.
8. Cup Competiions and Evening League (IS)
9. Ground Committee (BD)
GC have met and make the following suggestions for 2011 cup final venues
o Atkinson Swiers - Masham
o Reserve Knock out - Knaresborough Forest (Barratt Cup) a reserve ground is required if the fixture clashes with the Yorkshire Show subject to rule changes about a finals day. Due to this a proposal of Kirkby Malzeard was made and accepted by Management Committee.
o Wath Cup - Wath and Melmerby
o Peter Bentley - Dacre Banks
o MCC Goldsborough (see elsewhere)
10. Child Welfare (IP)
Bishop Thornton/Knaresborough issue has been dealt with by the League Disciplinary panel. Lessons have been learnt and both junior and senior rules will be addressed.
Sessay/Dacre Banks Sessay challenged the decision of the League Disciplinary Panel and wrote to the ECB. Ray Knowles (YCB) asked why he had not received information about this matter. The League responded that not every junior league disciplinary matter is sent to the YCB. YCB have overruled the decision of the Nidderdale League. In future all junior disciplinary matters will be sent to YCB to avoid this situation.
IP to clarify the position of the League and what needs to be reported to the YCB on matters involving juniors and discipline and under what part of their rules or constitution this falls under.
Playing of U13 in open age cricket. ECB revised guidelines were circulated. There are still issues about eligibility. Players must be at least 11. Any O11/U13 player playing for Nidderdale U12 squad will be eligible to play in the Nidderdale League. The Age Team Manager will be asked to name a squad of players to detail those eligible players and that squad posted on the internet for reference. This may be an issue in future years if an U12 squad is not named, due to numbers. It was agreed that all players named in the Nidderdale under 12 squad would be eligible to play open age cricket in the league provided they met the ECB age qualifications.
11. Disciplinary (JP)
All dealt with above
Some new cases after the end of the season.
One case still ongoing, Bishop Thornton but which might go to YCB depending upon a decision from Knaresborough.
12. Junior League (KC)
The Junior League AGM will be held at Knaresborough CC on Thursday 25th November 8.00pm.
At the October Junior League Management Committee Meeting a John Barrett Memorial Trophy was discussed. It was agreed to suggest to the Senior League that each season the Joe Lumb Under 17 team plays the Nidderdale Representative Team, prior to the Joe Lumb season commencing. The Committee agreed this and would be announced at the Junior AGM. May was proposed.
Spofforth CC have asked, and been accepted, to join the Junior League with a team at all Age Groups. Sharow have also enquired about entering an Under 15 team in 2011. These will be two new Clubs to the League, and both Clubs have been asked to attend the AGM.
Disciplinary Rule changes, agreed with Sir Thomas and Isabel Peel, will be submitted to the AGM for approval.
Mike Bore has agreed to commence a coaching the coaches course. The Junior League will fund the pilot scheme.
Paul Ellis has agreed to be nominated as Lords Taverners Secretary, and Dave Moore has agreed to be Taverners Umpire Coordinator. This dual role was previously handled by John Barrett.
KC will be attending the YCB Junior Cricket Forum at Headingley on Wednesday 10th November.
KC is delighted to announce that Arrowselfdrive.com have agreed to continue their sponsorship of the League in 2011. This will be their 6th season of sponsorship.
13. Junior Indoor 6 a side (BK)
The season is now well underway with 47 teams playing at the two venues. Enquiries were received from two more clubs shortly before the start, far too late to enter. Pateley Bridge under 9s were accommodated when another club had to drop out.
There have been minor teething troubles at Boroughbridge whilst the teams become accustomed to the new set up, but overall, the players are happy with the hall as it is larger and better suited to the older age groups. The coaches are being encouraged to help organise the setting up and are having to cover the scoring and umpiring when we go across to Pateley Bridge. There is on-going building work adjoining the sports hall but this has not affected play.
Each week we are trying to visit both venues over the day but it is envisaged that Boroughbridge will eventually run alone without the need for us to attend every session. Pateley Bridge needs more management with the younger players and Tricia has been a great help covering the scoring. Three teams have responded to the request for help and brought along their junior team scorer to assist.
The invoices have been issued to all clubs with a total of £5,821.80, this includes credit of £171 for cancelled games last season that were not charged for due to the bad weather.
Rod Ford again supplied the balls and got a better deal than anticipated at £2 each, a great saving for the league.
6 indoor balls were received with thanks from Lords International.
14. League Representative Side (AH)
Concern expressed over players making themselves available. The good players wont play.
A winners v the rest game suggested in conjunction with the proposed Junior game. Could the rest side be selected by the Management Committee or ask the clubs/players to select.
End the involvement with the inter league competitions proposed. The Leeds Area KO was suggested as being kept as it being a slightly lesser standard.
Yorkshire Inter League will be dropped. Leeds Area kept.
An U21 League (White Rose Side) was proposed as they may be keener to play.
15. Golden Oldies (SirT)
Tying up loose end
Finances being sorted out.
Lots of positive feedback from all
Hopefully some Nidderdale sides will go to Adelaide in 2012.
£7,500 raised by Lords Taverners
16. League Dinner (CN, EH)
Vic Marks and Mike Cowan confirmed as speakers
Blubberhoses, Lofthouse and Middlesmoor and Wath and Melmerby have all applied for tickets in double figures. Blubberhouses and Lofthouse & Middlesmoor did not apply last year.
Tickets are going slowly at the moment but was not thought to be a cause for concern.
Graham Taylor sponsor of League kit has been invited as a guest.
Arrow Ready Drive sponsors of the Junior League - will be asked as well.
AH and EH will help CN on the afternoon of the dinner. Help required from 1pm from Committee Members at The Cairn Hotel.
Raffle prizes required from Committee Members
All trophies at Harrogate Sports Trophies and will be delivered to The Cairn on the day.
BK has offered a book and also to be a character in a next book as a raffle prize.
17. Proposed Rule Changes for 2011 (ALL)
A discussion took place on the proposed rule changes for 2011. Appendix A.
The rules to go forward for further working and submission to clubs are contained in Appendix B
Option B will go forward to the AGM and ask all clubs to identify any players who may qualify as a ROP
Cup proposals will go back to Ian Sunderland for further work.
It was felt that a finals day would not work but BD proposed a trial with one of the cups.
Add weeks to each Saturday fixture in the handbook to make reference easier.
Rule changes would be produced in an easy to read format to be sent to clubs in time for the AGM in January.
18. Any Other Business (ALL)
IP proposal for umpires scorers ideally need to be CRB checked. It was felt it would not happen
19. Date of Next Meeting
10th January AGM
Monday 24th January next meeting
- Apr 2013
- Feb 2013
- Oct 2012
- Aug 2012
- Jul 2012
- Jun 2012
- Jan 2012
- Jan 2012
- Nov 2011
- Sep 2011
- Jul 2011
- Jul 2011
- May 2011
- Mar 2011
- Jan 2011
- Nov 2010
- Sep 2010
- Jul 2010
- May 2010
- Mar 2010
- Jan 2010
- Oct 2009
- Aug 2009
- Jul 2009
- May 2009
- Mar 2009
- Jan 2009
- Nov 2008
- Oct 2008
- Aug 2008
- Jun 2008
- May 2008
- Mar 2008
- Jan 2008
- Nov 2007
- Oct 2007
- Jun 2007
- May 2007
- Mar 2007
- Nov 2006
- Oct 2006
- Aug 2006
- Jul 2006
- May 2006
- Mar 2006
- Oct 2005
- Aug 2005
- Jul 2005
- May 2005
- Mar 2005
- Nov 2004
- Oct 2004
- Aug 2004
- Jul 2004
- May 2004
- Mar 2004
- Nov 2003
- Aug 2003
- May 2003
- Feb 2003
- Dec 2002
- Oct 2002
- Aug 2002
- Jun 2002
- Mar 2002
- Feb 2002
- Oct 2001
- Jun 2001
- Jun 2001