Minutes of the Management Committee Meeting held at Ripley Castle - Monday, May 11, 2009
Meeting opened at 19.30 with Sir Thomas Ingliby in the Chair
Committee Members Present
Graham Hyde (GH), Tricia Heard (TH), Jeff Watkins (JW), Isabel Peel (IP), Tony Whittaker (TW), Bill Kitson (BK), Martin Blackham (MB), Sir Thomas Ingilby (TI), John Barratt (JB), Roger Deakin (RD) , Bob Skaith (BS), Barry Gill (BG), Justin Park (JP), Peter Crack (PC)
Recieved from Steven Coombes (SC), Chris Newton (CN), Ben Drummond (BD), Dion Wood (DW), Eric Houseman (EH), Ben Drummond (BD), Anton Lodge (AL)
were accepted as a true and accurate record of that meeting and duly signed by TI
There were no matters arising
25th April, Thirsk had problems fulfilling their fixture and wanted to concede. An explanation was received from Thirsk CC.
2nd May, Thirsk 3rds v Studley Royal 4ths. Thirsk 3rds play their home fixtures on Sunday at the Racecourse ground. Ken Coad (SRCC) was not aware of this and accepted responsibility. The secretary was asked if SRCC could play players who had already played on Saturday, on Sunday and it was agreed on this occasion so long as they did not open the batting or bowling.
The Army Apprentices college have enquired about entering a team in the U17 junior competition.
GH reported a few errors in this years handbook.
GH was asked if location details of grounds could be incorporated. GH agreed that it would be a good idea but mentioned that if locations of clubs were freely available then it may encourage thieves. It was agreed to proceed with including ground details. GH to action.
The current account stands at a credit balance of £3824.02 and the deposit account £3312.14
BS had transferred some oney from the deposit account to the credit account due to a bill for the handbook of £3.5k and £1500 to the YCB. The funds will be transferred back when money permits.
A couple of junior indoor league teams have still not paid their subs.
Only 3 clubs have yet to respond to the request for signed certificates to accompany trophies.
All bills are up to date
Money from fines is starting to come in, £140 already with £70 paid.
Scotton 1st v Ripon 2nds. Scotton only had 9 players but then 11 appeared on the score sheet. Scotton 2nds played with 11 players.
All registrations were in on time.
Ouseburn CC have registered a South African who is qualified under residency and has played. TW to receive some further information from the player. He is playing 3rd XI.
12 overseas players have been registered.
All details are on the league web site
Most of them are using the youth mobility scheme
TW proposed tighten some documentation relating to payments for next season.
There was nothing to report to the Committee
JW reported no problems so far although may have reduced numbers over the Bank Holiday weekend when only 1 umpire will be in the second division.
BK reported that from his pre-season ground inspections, ground were in very good condition for the time of year.
CN had reported the markings given to West Tanfield by Ripon 3rds.
BG made comment about poor marks received by Dacre Banks from Ouseburn. This level of marking was upsetting and demoralising for groundsmen. BK to ask BD to approach Ouseburn to ask for an explanation.
BK remarked that grounds were better than they had ever been.
The committe agreed to revisit the minimum marks allocated before opposition teams need to provide an explanation for their marks.
JB reported the feeling towards the junior web site provided by Ackrills. No updates provided.
Ken Coad had made arrangements with Ackrills to be provided with a password to update the site but Ackrills have had staff changes and so no support could be provided for the site.
Ken Coad and Ben Drummond have developed a new site and thanks to BD for his considerable efforts.
Generally, the League is going well so far.
U11 trials took place at Harrogate CC.
JB said that Ken Coad should replace him on the Management Committee and the Committee agreed although JB will remain on the Committee. TW proposed this and TH seconded.
Wath and Peter Bentley Cups start tomorrow.
Raskelf and Marton-cum-Grafton had already withdrawn and will be fined.
The finals played on 4th April were one of the most competitive we have had, with only Studley Royal and Harrogate in contention in three of the age groups. Along with their supporters there was very little space behind the safety net. North Stainley were the underdogs in the under 9s and gave a valiant effort. Not only was this the first finals to have A versus B teams from the same club play each other in two of the age groups, but it was the first final to have a tied result. Studley Royal A team won the U15, U13, and under 9, Harrogate B beat Harrogate A for the U11 trophy. A performance league was published on the web-site and I must thank Ben for setting up an Indoor League Tab to enable the results to be easier to find in the future.
The invitations for the next season will be sent to 64 clubs in late June. I have mentioned before the shortage of available playing hours and that enquiries have been made to try and find a second venue to run alongside Nidderdale Leisure Centre. Val is currently in discussion with Ripon Grammar School who are building a new sports facility. The work is scheduled to be finished in August. Allowing for possible delays in completion, it is hoped arrangements can be made to play at Ripon from January to March 2010 inclusive, with an option for the full winter season the following year. This would eventually enable the fixtures to be played in full, whereas at the moment each age group is abridged by four games each club.
Priority would of course remain with Nidderdale as they have always been extremely supportive of the juniors. But if expansion continues at the current rate, it is envisaged both venues would be booked solid throughout future winters. This year there is already a demand for re-instatement of the U17 league which was withdrawn last season as it was undersubscribed. The under 9s played on Sundays but this again was not without problems.
As yet no prices have been made available, but it is hoped that they will be comparable with the fees currently paid to Nidderdale. The costs to the clubs has always been kept as low as possible to encourage more youngsters, but increasing the charge from £1.85 per head, per hour, to £2 will hopefully cover the hire charges. I have to express our thanks to Rodney Ford who kindly supplied the balls for last season from his stock, but we will need to purchase them again for next winter.
I also have to express my thanks to the coaches, who have been more involved than ever in helping to run the sessions with both umpiring and scoring, throughout a very long and hectic season.
I would of course like to thank Sir Thomas and the committee for their continued support of the Juniors, and ask for their approval to proceed in pursuing a booking of the Ripon facilities should a favourable agreement be reached.
Training for club Child Welfare Officers happened approx 5 years ago.
A letter is to be sent to find out when they actually did have training
The 2nd part of that training never happened
IP to investigate
A level 1, basic awareness course is available via the NHS over the internet.
U13/U11s playing in adult matches the rules state that U11s should not play in adult matches and a discussion took place and it was finally agreed to stick to these rules.
Parental consent forms for U13s are to be requested by TH and filed.
Justin Park indicated that as a signatory for CRB forms, he had not signed one since 2007 and that CRB checking is for all officials, umpires, scorers, and anyone providing transport.
DW sent his apologies but wished to remain in this role
2 fixtures have been arranged
21st June v Huddersfield League in the Nixon Inter League cup
24th May v Dales Council League in the Leeds Area KO. To be played at Masham CC
Rob Ellis of Pannal is to be Captain for the 2009 season
TI reported a good first meeting on 20th April
32 teams have registered, 30 of these from overseas.
TI is contacting UK friendly clubs
The Grand Parade is to be held in Masham subject to Masham Parish Council giving the go-ahead. This will be decided at their June meeting
The Farewell Dinner is to be on the Saturday and a discussion took place over the normal Nidderdale fixtures on that day (15th august) to allow players to attend to dinner.
It was no known how many players would be affected.
Starting games earlier, playing on the Sunday or extending the season by 1 week was discussed. Ths will be discussed further at the next Golden Oldies committee meeting on 18th May.
One side has asked if Lords International cold supply kit so sides did not have to travel with large amounts of cricket gear. Host grounds could perhaps supply a kit bag? Bats may be an issue however.
Nothing to report
BS thanked committee members for sponsoring his son is a charity bike ride.
Monday 6th July 2009, 7.30pm at Ripley Castle.
- Oct 2012
- Aug 2012
- Jul 2012
- Jun 2012
- Jan 2012
- Jan 2012
- Nov 2011
- Sep 2011
- Jul 2011
- Jul 2011
- May 2011
- Mar 2011
- Jan 2011
- Nov 2010
- Sep 2010
- Jul 2010
- May 2010
- Mar 2010
- Jan 2010
- Oct 2009
- Aug 2009
- Jul 2009
- May 2009
- Mar 2009
- Jan 2009
- Nov 2008
- Oct 2008
- Aug 2008
- Jun 2008
- May 2008
- Mar 2008
- Jan 2008
- Nov 2007
- Oct 2007
- Jun 2007
- May 2007
- Mar 2007
- Nov 2006
- Oct 2006
- Aug 2006
- Jul 2006
- May 2006
- Mar 2006
- Oct 2005
- Aug 2005
- Jul 2005
- May 2005
- Mar 2005
- Nov 2004
- Oct 2004
- Aug 2004
- Jul 2004
- May 2004
- Mar 2004
- Nov 2003
- Aug 2003
- May 2003
- Feb 2003
- Dec 2002
- Oct 2002
- Aug 2002
- Jun 2002
- Mar 2002
- Feb 2002
- Oct 2001
- Jun 2001
- Jun 2001